71er GT bei Köln

Schnäppchen oder was interessantes?
Mr.Green
Supporter
Supporter
Modell: 71er GT -sold- ; 87er Chevy Caprice 5.7Vortec
Re: 71er GT bei Köln

Beitrag von Mr.Green »

Klasse, klasse, herzlichen Glückwunsch ! :)
Noch ein grüner 71er !! :mrgreen:
Auf jeden Fall viel Spaß mit dem Gerät und allzeit gute Fahrt !!
Habe vor kurzem mit "2-Faden-LED's" gearbeitet, die Helligkeit war überzeugend, leider trat nach einer Weile eine Fehlfunktion auf...musste wieder die alten Birnen nehmen... :(
Gruß
André
Bibabutzemann
Supporter
Supporter
Modell: Gran Torino 2dr Hardtop
Baujahr: 1972
Motor: 351 2V C

Beitrag von Bibabutzemann »

Cool, herzlichen Glückwunsch auch von mir! Schön, das es noch solche Exemplare gibt!
Wegen der funzeligen Rückleuchten gibt es in einem Thread schon die Lösung für das Problem, aber du weißt ja evtl durch deine Erfahrung mit solch alten Autos sowieso was zu tun ist!

Robin
TG-Tommy
Supporter
Supporter
Modell: Mustang 69, Torino 71, Cougar 69.
Baujahr: 1971
Motor: 302 2V

Beitrag von TG-Tommy »

Vielen Dank an Alle für die Glückwünsche.

@Robin: ist das der Thread was leiti83 gepostet hat, oder gibt es noch einen anderen?
Zuletzt geändert von TG-Tommy am Mo 10. Mär 2014, 12:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Gruß Thomas
"1969... it was a good year" Bild Bild
Bibabutzemann
Supporter
Supporter
Modell: Gran Torino 2dr Hardtop
Baujahr: 1972
Motor: 351 2V C

Beitrag von Bibabutzemann »

Hi Thomas, jap das isser.

So viele Antworten während ich hier am Handy Tippe.

Robin
dietmar68

Beitrag von dietmar68 »

Glückwunsch zu dem geilen Wagen.
Ich stand auch kurz davor hinzuzfahren ;)
Interessanter Thread.
.........aber wie kannst du nur die nächsten Wochen überstehen :D .........
Grüße, Dietmar
TG-Tommy
Supporter
Supporter
Modell: Mustang 69, Torino 71, Cougar 69.
Baujahr: 1971
Motor: 302 2V

Beitrag von TG-Tommy »

Ja danke Dietmar.

Ist na klar noch ein wenig Zeit, bis das Wägelchen hier ist, aber wie gesagt im Schwarzwald ist man im März noch nicht durch den Winter. Außerdem werden ja noch ein paar kleinere Reparaturarbeiten durchgeführt und ich kann so lange noch meine Finanzen für den Kauf regeln. Und dann kommt ja noch der USA Urlaub dazwischen.

Ich habe gestern mal angefangen mich ein wenig durch die Rechnungen "durchzuwühlen". Die Vorbesitzer hatten wirklich jede Rechnung aufgehoben. Von 1971 bis 2013. Der Erstbesitzer hat sogar eine Art Tagebuch geführt, wann und bei wieviel Meilen er diverse Servicearbeiten hat durchführen lassen. Dann habe ich noch die Originalfahrzeugrechnung und das Buildsheet gefunden. Unglaublich... bin total begeistert!!! Mal schauen was noch alles zum Vorschein kommt.
Gruß Thomas
"1969... it was a good year" Bild Bild
MeyerDerSack
Supporter
Supporter
Modell: Gran Torino Sport 2dr SportsRoof
Baujahr: 1973
Motor: 429 4V

Beitrag von MeyerDerSack »

Das Gefühl ist so geil!! Weiß noch genau wie ich meinen Ordner durchforstet habe. Und man will immer mehr wissen und immer mehr herausfinden. Dies gegoogelt jenes nachgeschaut. Hab mir dann die Reparatur-Werkstätten bei Google Street View angesehen. Manchmal muss man aber echt Ägyptologe :? sein um die Handschriften zu erkennen auf den Aufträgen!

Viel Spaß bei weiter gucken! Marti Report bestellen!

Liebe Grüße Daniel
Mr.Green
Supporter
Supporter

Beitrag von Mr.Green »

Habe über den Titel und Gestöbere im Internet Kontaktdaten des Vorbesitzers herausgefunden und ihn einfach mal angeschrieben :?
Er hat tatsächlich geantwortet :P , halten seitdem Kontakt...bei vielen Fragen kann er darüber hinaus weiterhelfen :) :idea:
Gruß
André
MeyerDerSack
Supporter
Supporter
Modell: Gran Torino Sport 2dr SportsRoof
Baujahr: 1973
Motor: 429 4V

Beitrag von MeyerDerSack »

Vllt. interessiert es jemanden! ;)

Hello Daniel, Greetings from Pomona, California!

First let me say I hope you can translate this, I don't know how Google translator works and I am not very computer savvy. It was a nice surprise to receive your letter, I often wondered where our car landed up and hoped it went to someone who would care for it well. Here is some background on the car. My parents bought the car new when I was 14 years old, I am 54 years old now. The car was (and still is) Beautiful! I remember how it turned so many heads and how powerful it was. I could hardly wait to drive it but I had to wait to get my license. I was very sad that I had to wait but the day came and I passed my driving test in that car. The car was my mother's car, she did not routinely drive very far, basically just around the neighborhood for school and errands. I will go into the paint later but the car was painted a couple of times because we did not have a garage to keep the car protected from the sun and we have a lot of sun year round. Other than the three years the car was parked at my home in Pomona the car spent most of its' life in La Puente, California. Both cities are approximately 30 minutes east of Los Angeles which is a very dry climate. That is why there are no real rust problems with the car. I inherited the car when my parents passed away. I know the car is special in many ways but I am not a car enthusiast so I was not very interested in restoring it. I have so many other projects to complete that it would have taken me years to get the car restored. Now I will start answering your questions.

Is the engine original? If original means the same engine block, the answer is yes to the best of my knowledge. My father had the engine rebuilt at some point and the engine was repaired not replaced. In fact, there were some receipts for some of the repairs over the years and I gave them to the Buyer of the car. One of the receipts was for the engine rebuild.

Was the car painted? Yes, the car was painted twice. The first time it was painted Forest Green (My mother liked Green) the second time was the Purple color it is today (my father's choice). The car was not driven for many years and it just sat in the driveway. My father restored it when he retired. This is when the engine was rebuilt, the car painted, new upholstery etc. You should know that the paint work was very expensive. It cost my father over $4000. I remember the painter had the car for over two months and he removed everything he could to thoroughly paint the car.

Do I have papers/documents related to the car? I had the original bill of sale, window sticker, owners manual, and several repair receipts. These were all given to the Buyer of the car. He was very nice guy, if you are able to contact him I am sure he would forward them to you if he still has them.

Plate? The car had personalized plates on it. They say 73 FGTS (Ford Gran Torino Sport) on them. I still have them but will have to turn them into the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Other details? See above

Repair bills? Given to Buyer

Last address? In Pomona

Old pictures with original or new paint? I don't think I have any old pictures of the car but I have some boxes of my parent's things in the garage. If I find any I will email them to you. I also think I have some from the for sale ad I posted, I will send them too if I have them.

Do you mind saying how much you paid for the car? I would be interested to know. Please email me pictures of the car as you work on it, I would enjoy seeing your progress. I am sorry to hear about the brakes, there was no evidence they had any problem. It sounds like you have a passion for the car which makes me very happy. You should know that the previous owners, my parents, were kind, generous and special people. The car could not come from a better home. Stay in touch!

Happy Holidays!!! Ruben
Mr.Green
Supporter
Supporter

Beitrag von Mr.Green »

Und wie das interessiert, klasse ! :)
Die Welt is klein geworden,.. zu Zeiten wo unsere Wagen gebaut wurden wäre sowas undenkbar gewesen... ;)
Antworten